This Privacy Statement applies to Gotham Management Inc. dba BUILDING STACK®, and its affiliates (collectively in this Privacy Statement, “Building Stack”, “we”, “us”) and explains how we collect your information via this website (the “Website”), how we use it and the circumstances under which we can share it with others. Building Stack agrees not to collect, use or share your personal information other than in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement forms part of our Terms of Service. By using this Website, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement and you consent to the collection, retention, disclosure and use of your information by Building Stack in the manner described herein. Your continued use of the Website following posting of any changes or modifications constitutes your acceptance of such changes or modifications and if you do not agree with these changes or modifications, you should immediately cease using the Website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the most current version of the Privacy Statement which is available on our Website.
Information that may be used to identify you as an individual, such as your name, age, phone number, email address, a home, postal, or other physical address, financial information such as your credit card or debit card information, or other information we may receive relating to communications you send us is considered personal information (collectively, the “Personal Information”). You may be asked to provide Personal Information when you register for an account with us. The only Personal Information we will collect and retain is the Personal Information you voluntarily provide us with.
Reasons for collecting information
Building Stack may collect and use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To operate the services and/or customize your experience with the services offered by Building Stack (the “Services”);
- To provide customer support, manage requests, complaints and feedback;
- To send you notices, updates, advertisements, surveys and any additional information concerning the Services;
- To prevent fraud, misappropriation, offences, identify theft, misuse of the Services or any other illegal activity;
- To fix any breakdown or system failures concerning the Services;
- To settle disputes or assist with any investigations; and
- To ensure compliance with this Privacy Statement and our Terms of Service.
How your Personal Information is shared
We will not share your Personal Information with others without your permission, except under the following circumstances:
- When we need to send the information in response to inquiries by rights owners in connection with allegations of copyright infringement or other legal rights arising from the information you have provided us with;
- If we need to disclosure the information to any entity resulting from the sale, merger or change of control of Building Stack (or Gotham Management Inc.), in whole or in part, if the parties reach an agreement under which the collection, use, and sharing of information is limited to the objectives of the commercial transaction;
- If we need to share the information with entities who provide services, such as landlords and their representatives;
- If we need to share the information with third parties where the Services we are providing to you require us to disclose your Personal Information to them; and
- If required or necessary to do so by law or court order, in connection with judicial or other legal proceedings served on Building Stack, to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, to enforce our license terms and conditions, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our Website.
Third party sites
Our Website may contain links to other websites not operated by Building Stack. By clicking on these links, you are leaving our Website. Building Stack does not share your Personal Information with those websites and has no control over the operation of these websites. Building Stack assumes no liability regarding their use or their privacy policies.
This Website is directed for use by adults. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from minors under the age of 13. If Building Stack becomes aware that a person under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information, Building Stack will reject said submission and will take such steps to remove such information from its records.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. In the event there are significant changes in the way we treat your Personal Information, we will post a prominent notice on the Website.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please email us at email@example.com or contact us at:
Gotham Management Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
200-4823 Sherbrooke Street W.
Westmount, QC, Canada
Last updated: July 17 2019